Friday, September 9, 2011

Week One

At the beginning of the first week of RTH 252 I was unsure what to expect. I didn’t know exactly what we would be doing during this THREE hour class, but I soon realized we will be very busy and have our hands full with such a great group of personalities. I noticed that during the first few activities I wasn’t very comfortable because I am a very reserved person when it comes to first meeting people. I realized that no one really cares what each other looks like and that I need to work on letting my guard down more. I also learned that there is nothing I should be afraid of and that I need to be more open; however, “Sing a Song” really intimidates me!

This week I participated in all of the following icebreaker activities; “I Like Circle”, “Lemons to Lemonade”, “Acting Out Horror Movies” and “Lookalike Tag”. From these activities I learned that starting now I need to be a sponge and absorb all of these types of ideas as I never know when I will need them. I learned that there are going to be times when I need to come up with an activity right on the spot, so I will only be helping myself out if I begin collecting everything and anything now. This week my way to “strive for excellence” is that I am going to try to keep an open mind and push myself to open up and jump on every great opportunity that comes my way.  
                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment