Friday, December 2, 2011

Week Thirteen

Laughter Yoga this week was quite the experience. It was not what I expected it to be like at all. It was very difficult for me to get into it, and I noticed many of the others were having just as much of a difficult time as I was. I believe that Laughter Yoga can work and have very many benefits; I just think it takes the right setting and group of people to make it successful. I think if we had done the Laughter Yoga with our separate groups it would have been easier for us to open up and get into the activity. If I would continue to go to a laughing yoga group I would feel more comfortable and could let loose.

Laughter Yoga would be good to use with pretty much any population. I personally feel that if I don’t laugh during a day, then something is wrong. Laughing really helps me relieve stress, relax, and regain focus, which I believe it would have all of these benefits for others as well. It also helps clear out your lungs, makes you feel energized, and gives the abdominals a workout. Taking laughing to the yoga level makes it much more focused and is an activity that helps you become more relaxed. Laughter Yoga also helps you to find your inner emotions without having an external force to trigger them. Depending on the type of movements that you do with Laughter Yoga, it also is great for working on gross motor skills and helps with blood flow circulation. I really like the idea of using Laughter Yoga with Geriatrics and Corrections. Both of these populations could respond well to this therapy because it can bring light to their day, which may not be a common occurrence. Laughter Yoga lets you forget about all of the tribulations that you have in your life, and just lets you focus on yourself and creating a healthier you. I look forward to experimenting more with this unique therapy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment